KAFCAM is an alliance of churches, organizations, and individuals who are committed to engaging in the world of foster care, adoption, and kinship care in our community. With many children being adopted and ~800 children in foster care in Knox County, KAFCAM exists to ensure that every family feels supported and every child knows they are loved and there is hope.
We know that if we educate and empower God's people, they can completely change the way children experience adoption, foster, and kinship care.
By wrapping community support around families, parents feel equipped and children stay in one healthy placement longer, receiving the relational healing they need.
KAFCAM church partners understand that this work cannot be accomplished by one or two. It will take all of us.
As a partner of KAFCAM, we will:
1. Advocate and provide support for foster care, adoption, and kinship care in our church and community.
2. Prioritize first family preservation when safe and possible.
3. Use KAFCAM and organization partners as a resource for our prospective and active foster, adoptive, and kinship families as well as staff and volunteers.
4. Consider supporting one or more of the local foster care/adoptive/vulnerable family organizations with our resources
5. Email our church logo to team@kafcam. org to be included on the website under church partners.
“At __________ Church, some of us are going to bring children into our homes; the rest of us are going to find ways to serve and support them.”
There is almost a 1:1 ratio of churches and foster families in East TN.
KAFCAM does not necessarily endorse any of the above resources. In addition, this website content is not intended to constitute, nor does it represent legal or tax advice of any kind. For questions about any of the above listed resources, please contact us at email@example.com